Monday, June 20, 2011

Birthday Fishing!

Andy (my husband) had his birthday recently.  So to surprise him, I made 46 cupcakes with my mom at her place.  I should have made them from scratch, but I only had time to use a box mix.  However, the frosting was homemade. There were 17 vanilla, 12 marble, and 17 chocolate.  I gave them random frosting designs, and brought them to his workplace.  He loved it!
On his actual birthday we were so busy with a baby shower and grad parties, we barely had time for the traditional family birthday at Mexican Village.  Luckily, we managed to get in everything we needed to.
The next day, we went up to my grandparent's cabin to get in some fishing!  We just used droplines, which are our favorites for smaller fish.  We tried going for sunnies, but the good places for them were either too choppy, or taken.  We made due, and caught some fish that we eventually let go.  I caught a crappie and two perch.  Andy just caught one perch, but he said he enjoyed just being with me and didn't need any fish :D

I have more pics at that flickr place, for friends only right now, and I'll see about facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment