Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happiness Is...

All right.  After writing and deleting the first few sentences of this about five times, I'm deciding to open up and share something.  I have had a struggle for years with crippling depression and anxiety.  I have managed to finally get the depression part more or less under control, but that made the anxiety worse.  Much worse.  And opened the door to new problems.  But one thing at a time, right?  Anyway, I've been seeing someone, andI finally agreed to try some medication.  I have had bad luck (example: no bad, but no good emotions) with medications in the past, and that made me very nervous to try anything else.  Now I'm starting week five of my two new meds, and I think they may be working.  Others see it more than me, but that's a good thing, right?  So I'm redoubling my efforts to live.  I'm spinning more, spending some time outside, knitting again, finding more ways to actually enjoy things.  It sounds great on screen, but it's an ongoing process.  Side effects are worth living with, even though it will make getting to a healthier weight harder.  I already had issues with balance, so less balance is no biggie.  Things like that are worth more life to me.
Anyway, that's the big thing that has been going on in my life recently.  I hope it made sense.

On a more cheerful note, one thing I'm doing is actually trying out the whole 'selling' thing on Etsy.  Not much is on there, but I'm taking it slow, trying not to have a panic attack about doing this.  So yeah.  Maybe I'll even figure out how to add it to the side of the blog one day.  If you feel so inclined to check it out, my name is peanutbuster.

I hope you all have a great day, and enjoy it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment