Thursday, March 8, 2012

Belated Birthday Post

My 26th birthday was quite a doozy!
My husbear, who is sweet, but never good with the whole gift giving thing, bought me a top of the line mac book pro!  My old laptop has been dying slowly for the past year, and I've taken to playing games of minesweeper in between the loading of pages.  This thing is fast.  Very fast.  And it's my first mac product ever.
On sunday, We went to Quarry Park with two of our friends and our puppy, hiked to the nature preserve, and went off the beaten trail to hike around the woods for a few hours.  That was awesome.  I took pictures until Teddy got snow all over the camera, at which point I put it away so it would hopefully dry in peace.
On the way home we picked up some firewood from some really nice folks that live near us, and after some nourishment, Andy assembled the fire pit we got for Christmas.  It was bigger than we thought it would be, and after setting it up on the shoveled out patio, had a nice large fire :D  My dad even came over, and we roasted hotdogs and made s'mores.  It was awesome.
Tuesday, for my actual birthday, we did the traditional Mexican Village (steak fajitas, heck yes!) family meal, only without my mom or youngest brother, because they were, and still are, down at my Grandma's place helping her clean up the neighborhood after a tornado ripped through.  Her house wasn't hit directly, but there was damage, and her RV was totaled.  At least she was okay.  She wasn't even at home at the time.
I'll add pictures later, when I have time to upload and organize them.  I'm feeling lazy right now :P

No comments:

Post a Comment