Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yarn that is not yarn?

I had an assignment to take an existing collection, and make an addition that could both be added to the collection, and also represent the collection.  I happen to have a fair amount of fiber around, so I decided to spin up a new yarn, and include one yard of every yarn that I own (or an equivalent amount of fiber).
This is my whole collection of yarn, including the new one in the basket.

This is a closeup of my new yarn.
He loved the idea, but hated the shape of the yarn.  Said it looked too sculptural, like a drill bit, not like yarn.
Whatever, I love it.  And I think it looks like yarn.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful yarn! I love what you spun - the colors are great. Sculptural is good in a hand-spun yarn, it proves that you MADE it. BY HAND. You're an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete