Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hopefully for Better Breathing, My Dear

I had a procedure done today in my nose to hopefully make it so I can breathe better.  Though for the first week it'll be worse.  Yay.  Plus, when I was having it done, I asked the nurse how much bleeding to expect, and she said a few drops, maybe, so I told her that I'm an easy bleeder.  She told the doctor, and they gave me some extra stuff to help prevent bleeding.  I still managed to have blood gushing out my nose and down my throat.  More stuff to prevent bleeding! I even accidentally coughed blood on the doctor D: but he said that it was okay, and that's why he wore red.  I love him.   I should probably explain the procedure to the best of my abilities.  They lidocained up my nose, added some no-bleedy stuff, a bunch of novocaine, and a metal piece to my lower back to prevent electrocution.  Then they electrically burned into some of the flaps inside my sinuses to try to make them smaller by way of them shrinking in towards the burning.  If this doesn't work, I have to have full-fledged surgery where they take out stuff with something that is basically a mini meat grinder/sucker.  I hope this one works.

I also had a lovely weekend.  Andy and I cleaned the entire house most thoroughly, and then had a day filled with meeting out of town friends of my friend, playing billiards, taking them to a local pub that rocks, and then back to our place for a couple frozen drinks and games.  It was awesome.  Then the next day (the actual Memorial Day) My friend came back to my place after seeing her friends off to relax with movies, and another friend came over, and then we learned about the explosion and subsequent fire just a bit away at the paper mill.  We don't have a LAN line, so the city couldn't even contact us to tell us to stay inside. Meh, the weather took care of that.  And our tiredness.

No comments:

Post a Comment