Friday, September 21, 2012

Okay, NOW I'm HOPEFULLY Coming Back from the Dead for Real

Okay.  This summer has been so horrible and I hope that along with the season, all the things that have been going on leave.  In addition to the other stuff I already talked about, I had a really bad wart that needed a few laser treatments to remove it, but I had a bad reaction to the laser every time. Which resulted in a horribly bad and deep blood blister, so I couldn't walk for about a week each time.  I had another bout of sinusitis that spread to my eye, ear, and throat.  I also had some colds, more issues with my lady bits, and problems with a couple organs.  The latest thing is pretty much my fault, but still sucks.  I went to the Renaissance Festival wearing some shoes that looked great, but hurt my feet... really bad.  I did eventually switch to tennis shoes, but it was too late.  Both of my big toes turned purple, I had to get some meds (which caused yet another lady bit issue) and had parts of both nails removed.  Healing has been a long process, hindered by yet another cold.  Yay for me.

On a more cheerful note, I've been doing some glass fusing, experimenting with stuff... that mostly isn't turning out, but hey, live and learn.  I am also knitting, which is soothing since I haven't been able to spin when I have feet issues, though I did just have to frog a big secret project.  My sister in law had her baby, which is the most adorable baby in the entire universe.  I've gotten to visit her a few times, and even watched her once!  Hopefully I will get to see her again soon, but ever since she went back to work they've been busy.  Andy is her godfather :) which kinda makes me like a step-godmother sorta.  I'm the one who has time to plan things for her and stuff :P I knit her a couple pairs of socks and a blankie (that I of course forgot to take pictures of).  And I might or might not be working on some other things *shifty eyes*.

Tonight I'm going out for the first time in a while.  One of my friends is in a band that is part of a charity concert SlutWalk Benefit Concert @Acadia which benefits slutwalkminneapolis.  Don't let the name scare you, check it out.  It's an awesome cause. It's at a bar/restaurant place so there will be seats and food.  Perfect for a nice night out that isn't too taxing, all for a good cause, and watch my friend perform!

No comments:

Post a Comment