Friday, August 19, 2016

A Pinterest Win!

I do things from Pinterest sometimes. Then I forget which specific one I did, or just how good/bad they were.
So for a long time I have been meaning to put them here, (at least some of them) and say how they really were, because my memory is complete crap. And now I am doing it, from my kitchen, while I clean and cook more food. So this will take a long time to write. At least for me. You, dear reader, will not notice a difference.



I did make a couple changes to the recipe. One, I did a mix of chocolate chips, including some dark ones. Honestly, I probably could have used not as much as the recipe said. There was plenty enough sweetness to go around. Two, I used a gluten free flour mix from Bob's Red Mill, because I can't have gluten. It was my first time using it, but it worked just fine. Better than fine, because the husbear said he couldn't taste that it was gluten free.
This recipe is awesome, and will probably become one of my go-to treats. It has a ton of zucchini in it (2 cups) and no oil (it uses applesauce instead). I was really worried, because I have been taken in by promises of tastiness in healthier treats before, only to feel cheated and like I wasted time and expensive ingredients. But this one really lives up to it! I cannot express how happy this made me. Probably too much, but meh. I deserve to get excited about things sometimes.
In short, do this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment